Note: The NYSIIS record contains documentation on whether lead level testing has been completed or not. It does not provide the level of testing results. Click here to visit our Lead Testing and Exposure Page for additional information.
NEW YORK IMMUNIZATION REGISTRIES
There are two registries which maintain immunization data for NYS: NYSIIS and CIR
NYSIIS (New York Statewide Immunization Information System) NYSIIS is a free, web-based statewide immunization information system, also known as a registry, which maintains computerized immunization data of persons of all ages in a confidential and secure manner. Article 21,
- Title 6, of Public Health Law 2168, was signed into law in August 2006. This law mandates the creation of a statewide immunization registry for New York State providers outside of the five boroughs of New York City for the purposes of collecting and storing mandated information on vaccinations administered to all persons less than 19 years of age.
- The law mandates that all current immunizations administered to children less than 19 years of age, along with their histories, must be entered into NYSIIS within 14 days of administration. A NYSIIS record is acceptable proof of immunization status. School nurses may access NYSIIS to look up immunization records for students once they complete the traiing webinar. Schools and daycares will have read-only access to NYSIIS for printing immunization reports for students.
Recorded NYSIIS School Access User Training Webinar:
Participation in a recorded NYSIIS training webinar is required for all new users to access NYSIIS. You will need your HCS account user ID to register. To access the recorded webinar go to the NYSIIS Homepage on the NYSDOH website here.
- The registration information you provide is used to verify that you have taken the training. Once verified. It may take 3-7 days for your NYSIIS account to be activated after you complete the training. To expedite the setup of your NYSIIS account, please contact NYSDOH at (518) 473-2839 approximately one hour after completion of training.
- No notification is provided when your NYSIIS account is activated-you must periodically check the site to determine if your account is active. If you are not able to access NYSIIS after one week, please contact the NYSIIS at (518) 473-2839 and/or email them at email@example.com.
Is the web-based immunization record system for NYC. NYC Health Code requires providers to report immunizations given to all people under 19 years of age, A CIR record is acceptable proof of immunization status. Schools, child care centers, camps may sign up for Online Registry Read-Only access to view immunization records reported to the CIR.
- NYSISS and CIR exchange information on a routine basis. Assistance in obtaining registry information on a student who has moved between New York City and other areas of New York State is available at 347-396-2400.
- If a district would like to obtain immunization records for a student who has moved from NYC to other areas of the state, please submit a form on District or School Letterhead which includes the first and last name of the student, the student's DOB and the name of the student's parents. Fax to: 347-396-2559 and the record will be sent within 2 days
- To access the Online Registry, the principal/director/owner of the school designates a Security Administrator (User Manager). The Security Administrator (User Manager) must complete the Security Site Administrator form, page 2 and the Confidentiality Statement, page 3 from the information packets below then mail or fax completed forms back to CIR at (347) 396-2559.