Please use the NYSDOH Help-Line located at the bottom of this page to obtain the most current information.
NYSED Guidelines|Memos- Currently Under Revision. Additional information will be shared on our website and through our email system. If you are not on our email system, you can sign up on the main page of our website.
NYSCSH Resources to Implement Immunization Requirements
- NYSCSH Chronological Grade Level Chart 2019-2020 for the chronological grade level in ungraded classes (3/2019)
- NYSCSH FAQs with information on assessment, audits, exclusions, exemptions, timing, intervals/grace periods and vaccine-specific information.
- NYSCSH 2019-2020 Key Facts Regarding Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance (6/2019)
- NYSCSH Sample Notification Letters of Immunization Requirements to Parents by Grade Level (2019)
- Immunization Laws-Public Health Law Section 2164, Rules and Regulations Subpart 66-1.1-61.10-Emergency REgulations have been released which include updates to conform to new Public Health Law amendments regarding immunizations for school attendance. (8/16/19)
- Letter to Superintendent/Principal/School Nurse Regarding Public Health Law 2164(7)(a) (Updated 8/2019)
- NYSDOH School Immunization Requirements Page-Contains Immunization Requirements for Attendance Chart, vaccination deadlines, Webinars|FAQs on Medical Exemptions, Parent Fact Sheets and everything schools and parents need for the 2019-20 school year and Survey Requirements The 5th bullet on this page titled: School Vaccination Requirements is a new dedicated page for schools. (8/20/19)
- 2019-20 Immunization Requirements for School Attendance Chart (NYSDOH, 3/2019) Available in many languages.
- 2013-14 Pre-K-12 NYS Immunization Requirements Chart for School Entrance/Attendance-Use this chart for students who are in grade 12 during the 2019-20 school year. They do not need to be assessed for Hepatitis B intervals.
Medical Exemption Resources and Forms-External Link to NYSDOH Resources (Updated 8/21/2019)
- NYSDOH Notification to Providers Regarding Medical Exemptions (June 2019)
- Guidance on Immunization-Related Medical Exemptions for School-Aged Children (June 2019)
- Contraindications to Immunization: Best Practices Guidance of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) (May 2019)
- Immunization Action Coalition Guide to Contraindications and Precautions for Commonly Used Vaccines (July 2019)
NYSDOH PARENT RESOURCES REGARDING IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
- Meningococcal Vaccine Requirement FAQs and Flyer (5/2019) Available in English and Spanish.
- New Law on School Vaccination Requirements Parent Flyer- Parent resource which indicates what the timelines for immunization are for the 2019-20 school year (6/19)
- Parents: NYS School Vaccination Requirements Have Changed Flyer- Parent information regarding immunization deadlines in English, Chinese, Bengali, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, and Spanish (7/19)
McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Axt, Refugee Act and Children with information on page 4 applicable to school health and Children Displaced by Natural Disasters- Hurricanes) (Updated 11/2017)
Registries for NYS and NYC Immunization
NYSIIS (NYS) and NYCIR NYC) New York State Department of Health Registries online database with immunization records for persons of all ages in NYS outside of NYC. CIR is the online database for New York City.
Resources to Get Help
- NYSDOH Bureau of Immunization - Regional Field Offices Contact Information (6/2015)
- NYSDOH Immunization School Assessment and Compliance Unit: 518-474-1944 Email: email@example.com
- NYSDOH Bureau of Immunization email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYC primary/secondary schools, Head Start programs, nursery schools and daycares should direct questions to the NYC Department of and Mental Hygiene at 347-396-2433.
Page last updated on 8/22/19