NYS Commissioner's Regulations Section 135 - Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- 135.1 - Definition of terms used in the document.
- 135.2 - General regulations - States all schools under the jurisdiction of NYSED shall provide programs of health, physical education and recreation; defines record-keeping and transcripts, and the reporting to the commissioner.
- 135.3 - Health Education - Defines elements of health education at elementary and secondary levels.
- 135.4 - Physical education - Describes required school district plans for both public and non-public schools. Provides an overview of requirements for interscholastic athletic activity.
- 135.5 - First aid knowledge and skills requirements for coaches including approved training courses.
- 135.6 - Comprehensive school health education demonstration program. Defines health education in grades K-6 including coordination, implementation, and evaluation of health instruction, instructor training, and development grant application process for health education programs.
Sexual abuse and exploitation prevention education for students in K-8th grade
Page Created 12/8/22