If you have any questions or comments regarding this handbook, please contact your local Regional Technical Support representative 9 am to 4 pm weekdays or email the NYS Education Department, Medicaid Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. (2/9/18)
Alerts and Memo By Release Date
- Medicaid Alert 19-04- Random Moment Time Study (RMTS) to Resume 10/1/19 For the Rest of State (ROS)( (9/4/19)
- Medicaid Alert 19-03-eMedNY modification for SSHSP attending provider claim editing (8/5/19)
- Medicaid Alert 18-02-Claiming Window for SSHSP Medicaid Claims Extension (6/14/18)
- Medicaid Alert 18-01-Updated Handout 5 SSHSP Billing Codes (1/16/18)
- Medicaid Alert #18-01-Updated Handout 5 SSHSP Billing Codes for OT, PT, and School Support Services. (1/2018)
- Medicaid Alert #15-02-Clarification on Medicaid Reimbursement for Nursing Services. Shares the requirements for prior approval requirements in order to use a private duty nurse in school, paid by Medicaid. Questions should be directed to NYSED. (3/4/15)
Guidelines and Policies
Pre-school/School Supportive Health Services Program(SSHSP) Medicaid in-Education Provider Policy and Billing Handbook Update 9. The Preschool/School Supportive Health Services Program Handbook (Update 9) was developed by the NYS Department of Health in conjunction with the NYS Department of Education. This handbook should replace any guidebook you are currently using. This handbook along with the Questions & Answers provides a step-by-step outline of the procedures that must be followed when claiming Medicaid reimbursement. Any changes that occur after the release of this version will be posted on this site with effective dates for implementation. Section 6 discusses skilled nursing services. Handbook revisions are noted on pp. 82-83. (3/2018).
Pre-school/School Supportive Health Services Program(SSHSP) Medicaid in-Education Q & A
National Alliance for Medicaid in Education, Inc. (NAME) is a non-profit organization of school districts and state Medicaid and Education agencies who share information.on Medicaid claiming for public schools which may allow schools to recover some of their costs for serving Medicaid-eligible school-age children.