A New Rochelle High School student is lucky to be alive after overdosing at school.
“It’s crazy to me. How people can mix this stuff easily,” said New Rochelle High School student Sergio Lopez, who can’t believe that one of his classmates nearly died.
Parents were notified by a letter from the school district that a student vaped what they believed was marijuana, but it had been laced with what appeared to be fentanyl. The nursing staff had to use Narcan to save the student.
Jonathan P. Raymond, the superintendent of the City School District of New Rochelle, implored parents to speak to their children about the dangers of vaping and urged them to attend a presentation on how to spot alcohol, vaping, and drug use in teens.
Click here to read the complete pix 11 news article.