Every student needs and deserves a safe, challenging, and supportive learning environment and school health professionals need current, accurate, research-based information, and resources to make that happen. The amount of information coming at everyone (including Center staff) is overwhelming. It is almost impossible to read and retain it all. We have created online and Virtual Seminar Opportunities to:
- Help you obtain what you need when you need it we are offering you MORE learning options with LESS time commitment required.
- Provide content in smaller, timely "chunks" of what you need to know and how to find the most current resources.
- A tentative schedule is below. This may change based on evolving needs and requests from the NYS Education Department.
NYSCSH Virtual Seminars
Information regarding school health services is evolving rapidly. The Center will continue to research, obtain, and aggregate the most current information on our website as well as share updates via our email system, Facebook as new content becomes available. Virtual learning sessions will be offered as either pre-recorded or virtual live event Zoom sessions. Pre-registration is required for live event Zoom Sessions.
- All sessions will be recorded and available on our website or within our Learning Management System.
- Zoom Virtual Seminar Sessions will be held from 3:30-4:30. You can enter the session at 3:15 to check your sound and audio.
- Sessions with PD/CTLE will be identified. The certificate will be provided upon completion of the post-session evaluation.
- Session dates and content below may change to address current issues facing school health professionals.
NYSCSH Overview of How To Participate in a Zoom Webinar
This resource will help you successfully participate in a Zoom Webinar. It provides information on how to join a webinar after receiving an invite and how to manage the controls for chatting and sharing. Download and /print it for future reference!.
September Virtual Seminar | NYSCSH Updates for School Nurses - What You Need to Know and Where to Find It | Recording Available
This session will provide school nurses (and medical directors) with information on questions the Center is receiving regarding. Content includes information on Asthma Management, Hand Sanitizers, Health Exams and Screening, Immunizations, Information Management, Isolation Rooms/Areas, and Masks. (NYSCSH 9/3/20, 15 minutes). PD/CTLE provided.
This seminar has concluded. The recording featuring our expert presenter Earl Greene, MA, Director of Racial & Social Justice, Equity and Children’s Wellbeing, University of Rochester Children's Institute. will be provided in our LMS by 12/4/20. .PD/CTLE provided.
December Virtual Seminar | Suicide Safety Prevention Awareness for School Staff | 12/8/20 or 12/10/20
This seminar will be provided in two parts. A recorded presentation providing background information on the topic will be followed with a Zoom discussion where participants can ask follow-up questions on how to implement what you've learned, find out how to request on-site or virtual training for your school, and ask relevant questions of our expert presenter Pat Breux, Director of School and Youth Initiatives at the Suicide Prevention Center of New York. PD/CTLE provided.