NYSDOH Immunization Survey - Online School Assessment Survey (OSAS)
Prek-12th Grade OSAS Reporting Is Due December 15th Annually
Day Care, Head Start, and Nursery School Reporting is due March 5th Annually
It is mandatory for all schools to complete the immunization survey online and report the immunization status of all students in grades PK through 12.
NYSDOH letter to Superintendent, School Administrators, and Health Commerce System Coordinators (9/2018)
HCS link to enter information or create a new account and view resources, including NYSIIS.
NYSDOH Survey Page With NYSDOH Resources Needed for OSAS
- 2018-19 Letter to Schools: Immunization OSAS Provides information to school administrators that the online survey is mandatory for all schools and reinforces the need for HCS account.
- Resources to complete the survey including Survey Instruction Book, Instructions for accessing and completing the School Immunization Survey and link for recorded webinar training.
Day Care-PreK, Head Start, and Nursery School OSAS Reporting
Day Care/Pre-K, Head Start and nursery schools resources to complete the survey including Survey instruction Book, worksheets,survey link and link to recorded webinar training. Note: Children enrolled in Universal Pre-kindergarten (UPK) programs should be counted at the site where they attend Pre-kindergarten.Note: Pre-K students enrolled through the district are counted on the immunization survey due 12/15 annually, regardless of the location services. All other Pre-K students are reported on 3/5 annually.
Immunization School Survey Instruction Book and Worksheets (Organized by Grade)
- 2018-19 School Survey Instruction Book with instructions organized by grade level for completing the OSAS. This link includes additional resources such as schedules, Q and A's, vaccine recording, public health law requirements and retention of immunization records. (9/2018). This page is currently being updated. An email will be sent through our HIP notification when these are available.
NYSDOH Health Commerce System (HCS) Login, Password Reset and New Account and System Requirements
- Instructions for completing the Online School Assessment Survey (Getting an HCS account, assigning roles, accessing the OSAS in your account and completing the survey. (NYSDOH 2016, PDF)
- HCS Login link to enter information and view training resources, including NYSIIS. You will need your User ID and password.
- HCS New User Account Guide-HCS user accounts may be completed online. This guide provides pictorial directions. You will need your driver's license or NYS Non-driver Photo ID.
- Forgot Your User ID Quick Guide Reference (PDF) Provides pictorial directions for resetting a forgotten user ID
- Forgot Your Password Quick Guide Reference (PDF) Provides pictorial directions for resetting a forgotten password.
- School District HCS Account Information (PDF)
- Private Schools and BOCES HCS Account Information (PDF)
- HCS System Requirements Information (Browser/Troubleshooting technical info)
- Polio and Varicella Vaccine Requirements for the 2017-18 School Year
- Frequently Asked Questions for Public Health Law (PHL) §2164 and §2168 10 N.Y.C.R.R. Subpart 66-1 School Immunization Requirements (4/16)
New York Statewide Immunization Information System (NYSIIS) and Citywide Immunization Registry CIR Information for Providers Parents, Guardians, & Individuals Schools, Child Care Facilities & Camps sign up for online read-only access to view immunization records reported by the student's health care provider(s) to the CIR.
Phone and Email Assistance
NYSDOH, Bureau of Immunization, School Assessment Unit
Phone: 518-474-1944 - For fastest service, please leave a message if prompted to do so.