Opioid Overdose Prevention Training for School Personnel
Training Webinar, Post Test, Skills Checklist and Certificate of Completion
Please Note: New formulations of naloxone have become available since this training was produced. The training and post-test is under revision to update the information regarding the administration of naloxone. Please follow the instructions for administration provided by the manufacturer for the type of naloxone your school stocks. In addition, Public Libraries may stock and trained library staff may administer naloxone to those exhibiting signs of overdose.
Naloxone Devices and Delivery Videos For Products Supplied in Kits from the NYSDOH Opioid Overdose Prevention Programs
- Demonstration video on how to assemble and administer multi-step naloxone from Amphastar.
This 4-minute video demonstrates the steps to assemble the naloxone atomizer and use for emergency response for suspected opioid overdose. (8/2018)
- Narcan® nasal spray naloxone demonstration via the manufacturer, Adapt Pharma. This link redirects to the manufacturer's website.
Before viewing the webinar training below- print out the Post-test and Training Skills Checklist. They will be referred to in the training and completed after you finish the training.
- NYSDOH Opioid Prevention Training For School Personnel-This webinar has been approved by the NYSDOH pursuant to section 3309 of Public Health Law for Opioid Overdose Prevention Training. 55 minutes (8/15, Updated 12/2016) This training is being updated to include additional forms of naloxone products and administrations.
- Opioid Overdose Prevention Training Post-Test-Print this test and check your answers against the webinar slide number indicated next to each question. When you have achieved 100% accuracy, take the post-test and the Training Skills Checklist below to the designated reviewer in your school or district. (12/2016). This test is being updated to include other naloxone formulations and address for use in libraries.
- Opioid Prevention Training Skills Checklist-Provides documentation of the skills needed to administer naloxone. This checklist has been updated to include skills for both naloxone delivered via mucosal atomizer and Narcan®. If your district uses another form of naloxone follow the directions provided by the manufacturer (3/2018).
- Certificates of Completion for Non-Medical Trained Overdose Responders-This certificate is valid for 2 years. It must be signed by the trainer to be valid.(3/2018)