Working Papers | Employment of Minors in NY

NYSED Information

Employment of Minors in New York: Student Support Services Website for Employment of Minors. Guidance and documents (June 2019).
School districts in New York State are responsible for issuing employment certificates and permits to qualified applicants. This is not a function of the State Education Department. The information presented is intended to assist students, parents, and school officials who issue the appropriate cards or booklets to students, and prospective employers. 

NYS Department of Labor Information

NYS Department of Labor Information on Working Papers
Provides information on how to get working papers, types of working papers, special Occupation permits, and facts for teens under 18. 

Page Updated 3/31/23