Flu (Influenza) Resources
CDC Flu Resources
CDC Information for Schools and Child Care Providers-Contains information on how to Clean and Disinfect Schools To Slow the Spread of Flu, and guidance for School Administrators to Help Reduce the Spread of Seasonal Influenza in K-12 Schools (11/2019).
NASN Resources Keep Flu out of School Toolkit
This e-toolkit offers numerous resources for school nurses and teachers that can be used to raise awareness about the burden of influenza and the benefits of annual vaccination NASN)
NYSDOH Flu Information for Child-Care Providers and Schools Webpage-Contains:
Schools play a key role in helping prevent and slow the spread of influenza in our communities.NYS Public Health Law Section 613 requires licensed and registered day-care programs and schools to post information about the flu and flu vaccine for parents. Resources to do this are below:
- Public Health Law Amendment
- NYSDOH Influenza Notification Alert to Schools Schools and Child-Care Settings (October 2019)
- Teaching Resources- The Flu Guide for Parents
- Educational Resources and Poster and lesson plans for children 3-7 years old.
- NYSED - Amendment to Public Health Law Regarding Regulations for the Prevention of Influenza Transmission (October 2013)
- NYSED/NYSDOH Joint Guidance Memo on Influenza 2017-2018-Provides information on symptoms, monitoring, cleaning, facilities, and school closure. (2/23/18)
Page updated 5/28/2020 3:58 AM