- Resource Letter (PDF)
- Letter from the Commissioners (PDF)
- Flash Drive Order Form (PDF)
- Governor Cuomo Announces New Initiatives to Combat Substance Abuse Among School-Aged Children and Student-Athletes (PDF)
NYS Epidemiological Profile: Substance Abuse and other Mental, Emotional, and Behavioral (MEB) Disorders-This epidemiological profile utilize the most current available data to identify trends in substance use and mental health prevalence and consequences among NYS residents. The information gathered in this report serves as guidance for the implementation and prioritization of prevention and planning strategies aimed at reducing mental, emotional, and behavioral (MEB) disorders, including substance abuse among at-risk populations such as youth and young adults. (OASAS, November 2018)
NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (OASAS) Combat Addiction Webpage- Provides information and resources for schools, families, and clinicians. The page includes Education Materials and Resources Addressing Substance Use: Implementation of New Law Education Law §3038, Memo for Providing Educational Resources to Address Substance Use, Guidance for Providing Educational Resources to Address Substance Use, and School Designee Posters (6/13/19).
- Important Information for School Nurses: Non-Medical Use of Prescription Drugs by Young People -Resources school nurses and teachers can use to educate themselves, students and parents about prescription drug abuse. (NYSDOH/OASAS-9/2010)
- OASAS/NYSDOH Order Form for Drug Prevention Resources -Provides free posters and pamphlets for parents and educators on drug use and abuse by youth.
- Key Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators in the US: Results from the 2018 National Survey on Drug Use and Health- Summarizes key findings on substance use and mental health among people aged 12 years old or older in the civilian, non-institutionalized population of the United States (SAMHSA, 9/21/19)
- Behavioral Health Barometer, NY, Volume 5-Provides data on mental health and substance abuse obtained from the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health and the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (SAMHSA, 8/21/19)
- Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit-Provides information to develop practices and policies to help prevent opioid-related overdoses and deaths. Updated 2016).
Parent resource with up to date information on specific drugs that are often misused and abused. Free download (click here) and can also be ordered in print form. (11/2017) Keeping Youth Drug Free. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 17-3772. Rockville, MD: Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2017.